Snowmen ornaments

buddystacybuddystacy Posts: 477 ✭✭✭
Thank you @TimG45 for the inspiration for these. They are a hit.

"I just make saw dust and give away whatever is left over"

Comments

• TimG45TimG45 Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    You're welcome @buddystacy. I'm going crazy trying to keep up with the demand for them. I'm hoping to take at least a dozen to a craft show in less than 2 weeks.
    I need to figure out how to chuck up the craft sticks to use those instead of the padauk.
  • buddystacybuddystacy Posts: 477 ✭✭✭
    I've been gluing 5 together then ripping them into 4 equal pieces on the band saw. Once I have the strips, I use my disk sander to round them over and give them a point.
    I'll have to do than the next time I make them. I did steal your bells. I figure I'll put a couple of then in the craft fair next week, along with the snowmen.

• buddystacybuddystacy Posts: 477 ✭✭✭
    I love them! Mine are made from key ring kits from PSI. There is no actual clangor, just a button that simultes the look of one. Are yours connected with screw eyes?
    No screw eyes. I drilled 1/16" holes in the top of the bell and the top of the ringer and CA glued a piece of .8mm stretch cord into the holes. I didn't want to try to install the screw eyes into the small ringer (it was bad enough drilling the hole) nor by reaching into the bell mouth to screw one in. I did use spring loaded tweezers to feed the stretch cord into the hole.