Convertible Outdoor Bench and Picnic Table

Houd1n1Houd1n1 Posts: 5

I made this two years ago using purchased plans and a lot of 2 x 4's.

Scott

Comments

• Ted BergTed Berg Posts: 422 admin
    edited December 2017
    I have made 2 of these. you did good work, but have to ask why missing the second board on the thin seat? I found the second board was usually tight, so I waited like you, and then I cut to fit in bench mode. Is that what you are doing? I also rounded over the seat slats for comfort.
  • Houd1n1Houd1n1 Posts: 5
    I followed the blueprints, which only called for the 2 boards on the thin seat. It all fit together when folded into a bench. Rolling the edges sounds good, but I didn't have the equipment or time to do it when i built it. I know it came out a bit rough, but it was a "I wonder if I can make that" type of project.

• Ted BergTed Berg Posts: 422 admin
    I am sorry, it is not rough and looks good! Just adding my learnings if you do another. These are really popular, as after I made my two I got tons of requests. But I am retired and do not do this stuff for money, ever. I mostly make gifts along with stuff for me.
  • Houd1n1Houd1n1 Posts: 5
    I usually end up giving the stuff I make away. Thanks for the advice!
  • mitcs0kemitcs0ke Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Nice Job!!! I have the plans for one a little different then this one I got from a woodworker in England
    We did a little trade in Plans!!!...LOL @Ted Berg can tell you I got lots of Plans
    My goal in woodworking after making a lot of people happy with wood things...
    Is to built a 1700's Bonnet Top Highboy chest Victorian legs and all.....Just because
    I want to.